Cancellation & Late Payment Policy
Retford Physiotherapy and Pilates Practice Limited; trading as “Pilates Clinic Retford”, “PCR Physiotherapy” and “Jo Pritchard’s Neuro Physio Practice”, is committed to providing the highest quality of care whilst keeping the costs of classes and private treatment sessions affordable.
“We” means Retford Physiotherapy and Pilates Practice Limited.
As we are a relatively small practice, we have had to introduce fees for late cancellations and late payments for classes and private treatment sessions to avoid increasing the fees for everyone.
At the time of collecting the booking forms for the May – July 2018 Pilates course, we had over 40 booking forms and payments not returned by the deadline. Coupled with the late invoice payments from some of our private Physiotherapy and Pilates clients, we were waiting on over £5,000 of payments the morning after the deadline. This meant we spent the whole day chasing late payments; time that could have been, and should have been, spent treating patients and performing other duties at the clinic. It also meant that for the first time since the clinic was launched in January 2012, we were late in paying some of our own invoices and bills. This cannot continue if the clinic is to survive. Rather than increasing the fees and penalising our many members who regularly pay on time, this new policy has been introduced.
Cancellation of Private 1:1 Assessments and Treatment Sessions
- A minimum of 24-hours notice is required for fees to be waivered.
- Cancellation before 9am on the day of your appointment (or 1 hour before appointment if earlier than 9am) will incur a 50% late cancellation fee.
- Cancellations after 9am on the day of your appointment, including a no-show, will incur the full 100% fees being charged.
Due to the nature of our clinic, we fully understand that due to your illness or condition your ability to attend your pre-arranged appointment may fluctuate throughout the day. If you feel that this applies to you, this must be discussed with your Physiotherapist at the time of arranging your initial appointment.
Cancellation of Pilates classes / courses
- No refund is issued for cancelled classes unless that class is cancelled by the clinic.
- We try and offer a catch-up class for any class that you are unable to attend (this is currently under review). All cancellations must be by 4pm the DAY BEFORE the class at the absolute latest to qualify for a catch-up class. This is the time needed to offer your space as a catch-up to someone else. Please note: catch-up classes are not available for taster classes or “pay per class” bookings over holiday periods.
- Please remember catch-up session for missed classes cannot be guaranteed, and they cannot be carried over to the next course.
- If you are unable to attend a course (due to extended holiday for example), there are 2 options.
- You can pay for the course in full to secure your space in your regular class. This means that your class space will not be “sold” to someone on the waiting list.
- You can choose to forgo payment for that course in the knowledge that your class space may no-longer be available when your return.
Please note: in exceptional circumstances (hospital admission for surgery for example), we may be able to make some allowances. Please discuss with Jo Pritchard in advance (contact details are at end of document).
Payment for Private 1:1 Assessments and Treatment Sessions
- Treatment sessions can be “pay as you go”, with payment by cash, cheque, card or BACS (BACS payments should be made within 48 hours of treatment).
- Alternatively, an invoice will be issued at the end of each calendar month. This must be paid in full within 14 calendar days.
- If payment is not received within 14 days, a reminder invoice will be sent out after day 14, and again after day 21. If the account is not settled within 28 days of your initial invoice, a third-party debt collection agency will be employed to collect your debt for us. Any fees incurred will be added to your invoice.
- If we have to issue you with more than 2 reminders within a rolling 12-month period, then you will be charged a £15 late payment penalty for each subsequent reminder.
- Treatment may have to be withdrawn in the event of unpaid invoices.
- If a third party is paying the invoice for you, you must inform your Physiotherapist at the time of your initial enquiry as our fees differ for self-funding and third-party funded clients.
- YOU are responsible for any fees unpaid by the third party, and for any excess the third party expect you to pay.
- If you will be paying the invoice yourself and claiming back expenses from a third-party, our self-funding fees will still apply.
Booking and Paying for Course of Pilates Classes
- Booking forms will be issued 3 weeks in advance of the booking deadline. This is often 4 weeks before the end of a current course.
- Links to electronic copies of the booking forms are emailed out via Mailchimp, and paper copies are available at the clinic.
- Completed booking forms must be returned for each individual: they are required for your clinical records as an ongoing assessment and for reference to the classes you attend.
- Payment can be made by cash, cheque, or BACS (NO card payments are accepted for class bookings).
- If you have not returned your booking form and payment before the deadline you will be charged a £15 late payment penalty.
- *A warning will be sent after your first late payment; from your second late payment onwards, within a rolling 12-month period, you will be charged the £15 late penalty fee for every subsequent late payment.
Please remember: if you know that you may not be able to pay your invoice or return your class booking forms before the deadline, due to a pre-arranged holiday or a hospital admission for example, then please discuss with Jo Pritchard, Principal Physiotherapist, or Janice Henderson, Admin Assistant, in advance. This means we don’t have to chase you unnecessarily, we can come to an agreement regarding your payment date, and that we don’t issue you with a late-payment penalty.
Please appreciate that these fees are necessary to cover the time and administration costs incurred by us in chasing late payments.
Changes to our policy
We may update these policies to reflect changes to our practice and customer feedback. Please regularly review these policies to keep informed of how we are making changes to keep your rehabilitation affordable and to avoid unnecessary fees.
We welcome any queries, comments or requests you may have regarding this cancellation, late payment and non-payment policy. Please do not hesitate to contact us at the address below.
Any questions regarding this policy should be addressed to:
Retford Physiotherapy and Pilates Practice Limited
Dental 22 Buildings
Cancellation and Late Payment Policy last updated August 2018